Plastic Surgeon West Orange New Jersey
Breast Augmentation West Orange NJ
According to the reports released by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons breast augmentation with saline implants or silicone implants continues to be the most sought after cosmetic surgery procedure in West Orange New Jersey, and has been since 1992.
There are many reasons why women from West Orange New Jersey would choose to have breast enhancement surgery, the most common reason being unhappy or uncomfortable with their physical appearance.
Deciding on which type of implant is right for you
Deciding to have breast augmentation surgery with saline implants or silicone implants is not as simple as deciding to have the cosmetic procedure one day and walking around with fuller breasts the next. As consumers, it is our responsibility to do our own research and learn about the plastic surgeons in our areas as well as their experience and certifications. We should also ask questions of ourselves and determine if we are even a candidate for a successful breast enhancement procedure in West Orange.
Before your initial consultation
Before you schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon, ask yourself the following questions to determine if breast augmentation surgery with saline implants or silicone implants is right for you:
1. How old are you? Do you smoke?
2. Why do you want a breast augmentation? (are your breasts asymmetrical or different sizes) (has your breast tissue decreased due to breast feeding or weight loss)(or do you simply have smaller breasts and want fuller/larger breasts)
3. Are you aware of some of the risks associated with breast augmentation surgery? (decreased sensitivity in the nipples, potential hardening, scarring, leakage of the breast implant)
4. Are you planning on having children and breast feeding in the future? Do you have trouble maintaining a healthy weight?
5. Over the course of your lifetime, you may need to have several surgeries to replace or correct the breast implants, are you willing to accept that risk?
6. If for whatever reason you need or want to have the implants removed in the future, your physical appearance may be altered negatively and you may need additional cosmetic reconstruction, are you willing to accept that risk?
7. Are you willing to go to all scheduled post-operative visits and follow your plastic surgeon's advice before, during and after your breast enhancement surgery?
Depending on how you answered these questions, you may or may not be a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery in West Orange New Jersey. Certainly discuss your concerns with your cosmetic surgeon during your initial consultation.